2020 FLORIDA CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS
Walton County Republican Executive Committee Recommendations
- Citizenship Requirement to Vote in Florida Elections - YES
Only a citizen of the U.S., at least 18 years of age and a permanent resident of Florida, registered to vote by law, can vote in the county where registered.
- Raises Florida’s Minimum Wage - NO
Effective September 30, 2021, raises Florida’s minimum wage to $10.00 an hour.
Increases $1.00 an hour each September 30th until minimum wage per hour
reaches $15.00 on September 30, 2026.
- All Voters vote in Primary Elections for Legislature, Governor, Cabinet - NO
Abolishes Party primaries. All qualifying candidates will be on the same Primary Election
Ballot and all registered voters can vote, regardless of party affiliation. The two
candidates receiving the highest number of votes will be on the General Election ballot.
- Voter Approval of Constitutional Amendments - YES
Requires voters approve amendments in two consecutive General elections by at least 60%
approval in each election.
- Extends Save-Our-Homes Portability for Homestead Property Tax Assessment – YES
Increases the period from 2 years to 3 years during which a person may transfer “Save
Our Home” benefits to a new homestead property.
- Homestead Property Tax Discount for Surviving Spouses of Deceased Veterans - YES
Allows homestead property tax discounts to be transferred to the surviving spouse
of a deceased veteran and to keep discounts they are already receiving.